- Dilution of the coating by base materials is less than 10%, making single pass coating practical.
- Finish machining is easier and quicker.
- Coating can be deposited from .060” to .500”
- Powder Arc Welding process is an excellent method of applying high quality low dilution coatings for a wide variety of industrial applications.
Advantages of Power Arc Welding:
- High density
- No porosity
- No inclusions
- True metallurgical bond with base material
- Reduced heat input prevents undesirable changes to the base material
- Low amperage and small heat affected zone means distortion is minimized and less thermal stress is induced into the base material